Thursday, June 16, 2005

A CAPITOL BLOG: SPECIAL SESSION?

A CAPITOL BLOG: SPECIAL SESSION?: "If there is one question that nearly every individual confronts me with as I go about my civilian life during these dog days of summer it is: Do you think there will be a special session?

My answer is always, yes. Too many things need to be done that were left undone!

School finance is the big one I agree, but there are also a number of other items, like tuition revenue bonds for growing universities like UT-PA for example, that were left on the table uncompleted.

It will be these smaller items, continued negotiations, plus other political considerations that I won't expand upon at this time, that will be the impetus for a special session. I am still standing by my earlier prediction of a special session at the end of this month."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.