Sunday, April 30, 2006

Van Os for Texas Attorney General :: In David's Own Words: Notice to Big Oil: I'm coming after you

Politically, I think this is brilliant. In terms of policy, I've got some questions. But I'd always rather have the populists running on the D ticket than on the I ticket. If you truly think you are an Independant or Populist, please look to David Van Os first, then consider Strayhorn and Friedman. I know the races are different. The values stay the same. Vote Democratic.

Van Os for Texas Attorney General :: In David's Own Words: Notice to Big Oil: I'm coming after you: "Texas was the second political jurisdiction in the world to enact an anti-trust law. We did it in the 1880s. Our then Attorney General, James Stephen Hogg, drafted the bill and persuaded the legislature to pass it. This was at least 10 years before the U.S. Congress enacted the federal Sherman Anti-Trust Act.

We still have a strong state anti-trust law. The primary enforcer is supposed to be the attorney general. Enforcement is virtually nil under Greg Abbott.

As Texas Attorney General I may not be able to do much about what the Oil Giants do to the people of New Jersey or Iowa, but I'll have a hell of a lot to say about what they do in Texas. Further, the corporate headquarters of the biggest of the Oil Giants, Exxon Mobil, is in Irving, Texas. I'm going to use every tool at my disposal, most importantly the anti-trust law and the consumer protection law, to take on the oil tycoons over what they're doing to the people of Texas. Unlike Greg Abbott who filed a few consumer protection charges against a few small-time retail outlets, I'm going to go to the core and break up the big boys' party at the sources. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.