Friday, June 03, 2005

Recruit Charlie Stenholm for State Ag Commissioner

I'm asking for your help in recruiting Charlie Stenholm to run
for State Agriculture Commissioner. Charlie was my Representative
here in Abilene my entire adult life until this year. We often
disagreed--Charlie was a Blue Dog Democrat, and I'm as Yellow Dog
Liberal as they come. But he had the kind of credentials that allowed
him to be reelected time after time in a very conservative area.
Until Delay and Craddick redistricted him right out of office.

But those same credentials make him a great Democratic candidate for
State Ag Commissioner. Just like Chris Bell, the redistricting
scandal gave Stenholm statewide name recognition. His many years of
service on the US House Agriculture Committee gives him far more
experience than any Republican running. And I believe Charlie could
win.

We have Bell running for Guv, Radnofsky running for Kay Bailey
Hutchison's seat, and Lampson taking on Delay. But we need to recruit
strong Dems for every race. So I'm asking ya'll to help me recruit
Charlie for the Ag Commissioner race. I have no personal connection
to Stenholm--I've shaken his hand twice when he was gracious enough to
speak at the middle school where I teach.

Email him. Let him know Texas would be behind him if he were to run.
Post a message on your blog. Post to other blogs. Let's join
together to get Charlie to run. Here's his current email address:

cstenholm@ofwlaw.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.